Differentiate Your Industrial Designs
Differentiate and innovate your industrial designs by integrating complete systems in one FPGA and accelerating algorithms in the programmable logic device hardware to reduce your time to market.
Using Altera® FPGAs as coprocessors or system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions, you can:
Learn how Altera FPGAs, such as our low-cost, low-power Cyclone® series, can help you address some of your toughest industrial application design challenges.
Here, we spotlight some key applications where designing with FPGAs can be a competitive advantage.
|Key Industrial Applications|
|Functional Safety||Simplify and speed up your safety certification process with our TÜV-qualified functional safety data package, which includes device safety documentation.|
|Industrial Ethernet||Easily and cost-effectively support a variety of Industrial Ethernet protocols with one FPGA platform, no license negotiation, and no upfront licensing costs.|
|Motor/Motion Control||Develop highly integrated and flexible designs that meet your performance requirements and integration challenges across diverse drive applications with our Motor Control Development Framework’s uniquely scalable processing platform.|
At the heart of a factory control network, PLCs are based around powerful application processors and FPGAs that implement bridging and interface functions. Our SoCs provide a unique platform to implement both the application processor and FPGA in a single device—in effect, a PLC on a chip.
|Smart Energy||Meet evolving standards for your smart grid or solar inverter designs while increasing performance and scalability demands for mission-critical system functions. Learn how you can deliver reliable, cost-effective grid systems with one FPGA platform.|
|Video Surveillance||Support high-definition image processing and video analytics for surveillance cameras with wide dynamic range (WDR) sensors.|
|Machine Vision||Machine vision equipment uses a combination of high-speed cameras and computers to perform complex inspection tasks in addition to digital image acquisition and analysis. Learn how a single FPGA can integrate a wide range of functions and support a variety of evolving bus and camera interfaces.|
- Need a new feature in your application? Design it in and reprogram the FPGA whenever the change arises
- Support evolving standards, such as Industrial Ethernet protocols including EtherCAT, Sercos III, and PROFINET, even when your product is in the field.
- Increase functionality of your applications with hard intellectual property (IP) blocks and software stacks
- Simplify your design process, reduce component count and costs, and streamline your supply chain
- Add embedded processors, custom instructions, and hardware accelerators like digital signal processing (DSP) blocks to enhance performance-hungry applications
- Support industrial-grade temperatures
- Use a single FPGA-based platform for multiple product releases, from programmable logic controllers to factory automation systems
- Offload costly discrete components through IP integration on the FPGA
- Avoid costly respins, a common issue with technologies that become obsolete faster than FPGAs
- Protect against obsolescence with long FPGA life cycles, just what long-lasting industrial equipment needs
- Watch Video: 3 Ways to Quickly Adapt to Changing Ethernet Protocols
- Watch Webcast: 3 Reasons to Use FPGAs in Industrial Applications
- Get the Industrial Networking Kit