Aerospace and military designers face a long list of challenges, including the need for high performance, a broad operating envelope, and a long system life, as well as the added constraints of limited system size and power budgets. Altera® FPGAs enable designers to meet the requirements of the aerospace and military markets by supplying enhanced off-the-shelf FPGAs.
Enhanced Off-the-Shelf Silicon
- Altera FPGAs meet strict size, weight, and power requirements (SWaP) with high tolerance to humidity, shock, and vibration along with lead-solder available on all families.
Military Temperature Support
- The Stratix® series of FPGAs is available in extended military temperatures (‑55°C to 125°C). See Military Temperature Range Qualified Devices.
Assured Source of Supply and End-of-Life Protection
- Altera provides timely and proactive communication of product change notifications. Our devices are used widely in many markets and kept in production longer, so obsolescence risk is minimized. JEDEC-standard end-of-life notification gives customers plenty of time to execute last-time buys. See Altera Product Change and Discontinuance.
SEU Detection and Mitigation
- Altera’s automatic cyclic redundancy check (CRC) compiler for the configuration RAM automatically checks for changes in configuration that might occur from a single-event upset (SEU). See SEU Mitigation.
ITAR Compliance HardCopy ASICs
- Altera's high-performance HardCopy® ASICs provide an option for our US customers to implement designs into an ASIC using the ITAR flow. See ITAR. Designers prototype and verify their designs in Stratix series FPGAs. When testing is complete, the design is archived, encrypted, and sent to Altera’s secure ITAR design center server, where only US personnel review the FPGA design and then map it into a HardCopy ASIC.